SEO stands for Search Engine Optimization. It is the process of optimizing your contents so that it will be ranked on the top page of search engines for focused keywords. Let me explain you with an example:
I am a normal user on the Internet and searching for, “How to cook chicken fried rice?” and obtained some results on the first page of Google. There are millions of blogs explaining the same process of cooking but why only a few blogs came on the first page of Google? In this place, SEO plays an important role.
Though many blogs explain this topic, some blogs have concentrated on SEO and optimized their contents relatively to search engines and users. As a normal user of the Internet, I will mostly click the results on the first page only. This action leads to tons of organic traffic who have concentrated well in search engine optimization. If organic traffic is more, it leads to good conversions in affiliate marketing and advertisement clicks and generates huge earnings.
Many people will do a big mistake in their blogs. Can you guess it? Let me explain to you. They will give more concentration and write their contents for search engines which is a great mistake. Your audience is the users surviving in the world who are searching the contents of the Internet to clarify their doubts and to develop their knowledge. You should write contents to solve a problem and optimize the contents for better experiences.
At this stage, you will be familiar with search engine optimization and its importance. Let me proceed to
Search Engine Optimization Strategies:
- White hat
- Gray hat
Among these three strategies, you should use only white hat strategy which is a legitimate method and
White hat strategy:
This is the friendly strategy for search engines and you should use the following tactics:
- Quality content
- Relevant page and meta descriptions
- Images and Videos with proper ALT tags
- Good grammar with no spelling mistakes
- New ideas which are non-existing on Internet
- Responsive design in all types of devices. Give more importance to mobile device since many users use their mobiles to view the blogs and websites.
This strategy will give best results for
- Keyword stuffing
- Buying a huge number of links
- Article spinning
- Plagiarized contents(copying the contents from another website)
- Redirecting pages to non-relevant websites
- Creating pages or links with virus, trojans.
Gray hat strategy:
This strategy is the combination of white hat and black hat SEO strategy and you should never use this technique.
At this stage, you will be clear about search engine optimization basics and strategies of SEO. Let me proceed to further topics.
Categories of Search Engine Optimization(SEO):
- On-page optimization
- Off-page optimization
If you are optimizing your contents or design for search engines in your blog or website, it is termed as on-page optimization. You should follow Google’s latest algorithms to optimize your contents. Let me explain some techniques for on-page SEO:
- Create fresh content with new ideas on your blog. Select a topic related to your niche and research the topic keenly. Create content for your audience, not for search engines.
- Update your old contents regularly by finding new data and information.
- Keyword research and selection is an important factor in SEO. Before writing an article, you should do keyword research on that topic. Your chosen keyword should be related to your blog or business and it should be less competitive.
- Structure and coding of your website play a significant role. Contents should be clearly visible and avoid too many ads placed on your website.
- Title tags are the heading of the whole content and it should be structured in a proper way.
- Meta descriptions are excerpts and Google displays it as sentences whenever your page was searched by users. You can modify the meta descriptions by placing keywords and significant points. If you are not modifying, Google will display the starting sentence of your content as meta descriptions.
- Give proper sub-headings so that users can easily navigate to the particular topic.
- You should use SSL and HTTPS to protect important data like credit card numbers so that users will feel secured to give their personal data to your website.
- You should increase page speed because if a page loading time is higher, users will be annoyed and switch over to another website.
- Your blog post URL must have your targeted keywords.
- User-friendly 404 error pages should be created for better user experience.
- Creating internal linking to connect other pages of your website.
Improving the position of a website in SERP (Search Engine Results Page) is termed as an off-page optimization. This technique will be useful to increase brand awareness, get higher rankings in search engines for
- Page rank and Trust rank(You need to build trust about your business or blogs to your users and search engines as it improves the ranking and develops your brand to
- Domain authority
- Page authority
- Domain age(If you run a blog or website for long-term, it builds a trust to your users and search engines like Bing and Google)
- Sharing your contents in social media
- Building quality backlinks. It is better to have
fewgood links rather than having thousands of bad backlinks.
- Drive targeted users to your business or blogs.
At this stage, you are familiar with on-page and off-page optimization techniques. Let me explain the concept of building quality backlinks to your website.
How to get quality backlinks to your blog?
If a website page is linked to any other webpage, it is called as the backlink. Backlinks are more important to get higher rankings in search engines but it is very important to have quality backlinks from high authority sites.
Backlinks are classified into two types:
- Do-follow backlinks
- No-follow backlinks
Google will give more importance to do-follow backlinks when compared to no-follow backlinks. Normally, all the links will be considered as do-follow backlinks unless the webmaster uses no-follow tag.
The backlinks should be related to our content and Google will consider only relevant backlinks. Getting our content on the top page of Google is the ultimate goal of all bloggers which can be easily achieved by having tons of backlinks on our website. Let me explain the steps to create high-quality backlinks.
Broken Link Building:
Whenever we transfer the files, migrate the sites to another hosting, the links will get broken. When the user clicks the broken link, it will be redirected to 404 error pages and create the bad impression to the users which will affect the reputation and business. Many high authority blogs will have broken links. You should do the backlink analysis of your related niches, contact the website owner and inform about the broken links. There are more possibilities to replace the link with your own link and you will get a quality backlink for your website. This method is very easy to implement when compared to other methods. Broken links are also called as dead links.
It is a great method to get high quality and targeted backlinks to our site. To increase the page rank and search engine rankings, guest blogging is an effective method. By doing guest blogging, we can develop a good relationship with other bloggers in our niche and drives more traffic to our blog. Write lengthy articles on high authority blogs which yield quality backlinks to your site.
Web Directories and Contests:
To get backlinks, you can submit your blog to web directories. Find good web directories and avoid automatic submission sites which decrease the domain authority. Conducting
Use of Infographics to acquire quality backlinks:
Infographics are the best way to get good backlinks. Users will be more attracted towards infographics due to its reachability. 1000 words content can be easily explained in single infographics so that it drives tons of backlinks through social media and other blogs. After creating the infographics, you can ask other bloggers in your niche to publish it.
Powerful No-follow backlink (Quora):
Quora is a powerful website to increase brand awareness and it gives no-follow backlink to your website. You can answer the questions related to your niche and business and include relevant links related to questions. Don’t spam the links in Quora.
Do-Follow forums are very useful to get quality backlinks and drive more traffic to your website. Contribute some good resources to forums and don’t spam with your links. I have researched about do-follow forums and some of the high authority forums are:
- Digital point forum
- Site point forum
- CNET forum
I covered basic SEO topics in this article. If you have any doubts, you can contact me.